7 Must Follow SEO Tips For Quickly Building Links
10 Tips for Writing Powerful Website Copy
- Follow the 3 P’s: Preview > Proof > Post. Preview your content as it will look on your site, proof the text, then post with no errors.
- Use compelling headings. This makes websites easy to skim and can lure the reader deeper.
- Immediately answer the visitor’s first question, “Am I in the right place?” You only get 12 seconds to make a good impression.
- Use hooks to draw the visitor in. Action words and verbs will create interest.
- Carefully Create a Call to Action. Ask your visitors to perform a specific task such as signing up for a newsletter, completing a contact form, registering for a contest.
- Be personal and easy going. Include visitors in your website’s conversation and make them be a part of your story.
- Use pronouns such as you, you’re, your business. People love to read about themselves and will connect with you if they feel you care about their problems.
- Promote benefits not features. Benefits are about them, but features are from your website. This is repeated again: say you not we.
- Proofread with multiple editors. Always have more than one person review your copy.
- Never assume your visitor knows who you are or what you are offering. Explain in plain, clear, basic english what you sell and how it works and why they need you.
Writing good copy can be the difference of a successful website and a website that does not make money. Channel your inner wordsmith to make your online content sing and I guarantee good things will happen.