Normally I don’t like to be negative or call out any services for bad practices, and try to give other search engine marketing firms the benefit of the doubt. When companies present misinformation and but I will list some warning signs of unsavory businesses.
Performing Search Engine Submissions
Submitting your website to search engines stopped being necessary in the year 2000. Any firm that promises to submit your site to 10,000 search engines is not only being untruthful – they will also be adding you to hundreds of mailing lists which will spam the life out of your inbox.
Guarantees top 10 placement
It is not possible to guarantee a specific listing, these guarantees are for long tail keywords with low traffic that will not generate sales volume.
Search engine optimization is a time consuming manual process. You must perform constant keyword research to identify new traffic trends and continuously update your website. There is no 100% automated system that will effortlessly bring in targeted visitors.
Multiple Search Engines
The only search engines you should expend energy on are listed in descending order: Google, Bing, Yahoo, Ask
Anonymous Unsolicited Contact
If you receive an email with no contact information promising the world for pennies, just ignore it.
When a company like www.websiteregistrationservices.com sends deceptive unsolicited letters through postal mail that rely on misinformation and fear to sell their services, someone must explain what they are doing and offer consumer protections.
Some ways to know if an offer is legitimate or not:
- does not send unsolicited mail
- provides real address, phone number and contact information
- does not mention ‘search engine submission’
- does not claim to have a special relationship with any search engine
- does not use fear to sell services
- does not pit you against your competitors: “our client is Company X and we know you have are in a price war with them. If you signup with us for extra money we will drop Company X as a client.”
The site in the above link checker has 1 trusted backlink, which is quite low. Why would a trusted SEO agency only have 1 incoming link from other websites?