Social media marketing or SMM is an important component to search engine optimization. By placing your quality content on social media websites you improve the chance of attracting new visitors and increase the number of links to your site. This is definitely a marketing win-win.
Social Content sites that allow you to freely submit user generated content or UGC and create mini websites
List of Web 2.0 and social bookmarking websites that allow you to tag, categorize and share websites. Many of these sites will show up in search engine results pages and drive direct search engine traffic to your website.
- del.icio.us, digg, reddit, stumbleupon.com, Technorati.com
- backflip, bibsonomy, blinklist, diigo, furl, spurl, ma.gnolia.com
- rawsugar, simpy, wink, de.lirio.is, del.icio.us, digg, reddit
- shoutwire, propeller, web2list, bloghop, blinkbits, fark, linkagogo
- wirefan, ka-boom-it, swik.net, faves.com, netvouz.com, mister-wong.com, jumptags
- danogo, buddymarks, lilisto.com, tagtooga, tellfriends.com
Active social media sites used by heavy web users and high profile UGC creators
By using online social networks to your advantage you can reach an otherwise overlooked market for your products and services. SMM also helps you obtain natural links from high quality, well trafficked websites.