Your landing page on your website has an important job to do: Convert Traffic
The objective is to keep new users focused and have them complete the desired goal. A landing page is tailored for a specific visitor and should only contain information directly relevant to them. A successful landing page will have one prominent call to action and use every text and image element on the page to direct the user to completing this goal.
Landing Page Goal Examples
- Subscribing to a Service
- Purchasing a Specialized Product
- Filling out a Form
- Making a Comment
- Giving you their e-mail/phone
- Calling for more information
- Send to a Friend
Your site visitors could arrive at your landing page from these online sources
- A banner advertisement link prepared to appeal to your specific niche audience;
- An optimized link contained in your Pay Per Click (PPC) ad from the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Microsoft;
- A related affiliate sales page or an offer to subscribe to your mailing list,
- An internal link contained in your email campaign,
- A blog post or comment, forum posting, or social media link;
- Organic search engine results.
Maximize Your Investment
Design the page so that your visitors can immediately find your offer and any additional information about your product or service that helps them take action.
Optimize Your Landing Page
Once the visitors arrive at your landing page, they must immediately see the keywords that relieve their pain. Use keywords on your landing page to provide a customized solution that makes your visitor accept your offer.
Make Your Landing Page like Plymouth Rock
Keep your visitors on your website long enough to hear your elevator pitch.
Learn more about the design and testing of landing pages. Know the essential elements of successful landing pages.
Go beyond search engine optimization. Let your landing pages do a better job, convert more traffic and encourage repeat visits. Find out how other people have increased conversions 100%.
More Landing Page Resources
Let’s Talk Landing Pages
Top 5 Best Worst Landing Pages
Landing Page Tutorials and Case Studies
Convert Customers With a Perfect Landing Page
11 Ways to Improve Landing Pages
The Art of the Sign Up Page
Aligning Keywords and Landing Pages
Organic Landing Pages: A Case Study
Google Website Optimizer
25-Point Landing Page Optimization Review
Create Different Landing Pages for the Same Product
10 Factors to Test that Could Increase the Conversion Rate of your Landing Pages
The Landing Page Design Toolbox: 100 Tools, Tips and Resources