We don’t have a paid post program on this blog, but it is safe to assume that most bloggers have been paid for writing about other companies, this is how online journalism allows small bloggers to be successful.
Below is an email sent by a large advertising agency to an A list blogger or social media influencer asking them to participate in a guest posting program:
We’re looking for a bloggers interested in participating in a paid post program. Our client is an outstanding online shopping and auction brand that is extremely well liked by the blogging community and by consumers. (If you are interested, we will send you full information on the brand and the program before we get started). We’re looking for bloggers who cover the areas of: Fashion, Home and Garden, and Culture.
Note: this program includes a paid post and also the below components – please indicate which of the components you will participate in:
Creation of one blog post, which will be posted on your blog and labeled as ‘advertising’ or ‘sponsored content’ per ftc regulations that will feature products around the client’s editorial calendar. Post will be subject to client approval.
In addition the following social media components are also required
- One to three comments on articles on the client site
- Establishment of one link on Blogger’s site to XXX site.
- Tweet a link to an article on the client site
- One to three to Facebook posts linking to articles on the client site.
- One to three to Facebook likes of articles on the client site.
- Becoming a Twitter follower.
- Becoming a Facebook fan.
- Subscribing to the client newsletter.
If you’re interested, please reply with this information
- Blog url
- Blog content summary
- Blog traffic
- Technorati Authority
- Blog screenshot
- Twitter handle
- # of followers on Twitter
- Do you have a Facebook profile for your blog, or do you use your personal profile?
- # of friends or fans on Facebook
This is great work if you can get it, and very few bloggers charge for exposure. Striking deals with large publishers like thehuffingtonpost.com can be a huge boon to your online presence.
They are hungry for fresh content and will give you the benefit of accessing their millions of users, which would cost thousands of dollars if you tried to reach them through display advertising.guest blogging, guest posting, sponsored reveiws