The most important parts of Search Engine Marketing:
1) good content
2) relevant search phrases
3) good placement of those phrases on each engine
4) well worded descriptions
The process of creating a well optimized site:
- research to find the most relevant keyword phrases
- optimizing the text on a site using research data
- submission to search engines
- link building, tweaking and resubmission
Successful search engine marketing is a continuing process, and you will only have sustained results with constant attention to your site, and your competitors.
Tool to track your keyword positions and monitor position in all major search properties.