There is a great new Wrox book out combining my favorite language (besides French) PHP with search engine optimization. Written by Jaimie Sirovich and Cristian Darie of SEO Egghead, this book teaches search engine optimization through site architecture and page structure and gives real world usable code examples. Unlike books written by marketers, this is much more valuable and practical for webmasters, although it requires a much higher skill level to effectively use. Most SEO consultants will tell you how to change your website, with zero understanding of how to actually accomplish this. But with this book you will be able to change your site yourself. Buy it now.
Table Of Contents:
2. A Primer in Basic SEO.
3. Provocative SE-Friendly URLs.
4. Content Relocation and HTTP Status Codes.
5. Duplicate Content.
7. Web Feeds and Social Bookmarking.
8. Black Hat SEO.
10. Link Bait.
11. IP Cloaking, Geo-Targeting, and IP Delivery.
12. Foreign Language SEO.
13. Coping with Technical Issues.
14. Case Study: Building an e-Commerce Catalog.
15. Site Clinic: So You Have a Web Site?
16. WordPress: Creating a SE-Friendly Blog.
Appendix A. Simple Regular Expressions.