What are the best web design conversion elements to implement on your website?
I’m looking to compile a great list of conversion elements that can be included in a website. This is not for landing pages (although it could be used for them) but regular site pages, with emphasis on the homepage.
I approach every site design with conversion in mind – your design should help the visitor take desired action on your site. Keep out the fluff that will distract or alter the focus of your visitor.
- phone call
- completing a contact form
- subscribing to newsletter
- buying product
- tweeting/sharing page with friend
- downloading free ebook/whitepaper
- anything that captures an email address
I am defining conversion elements as anything that will strongly persuade a visitor to remain on your site and want to learn more about you.
- 3rd party logos: BBB, truste, D&B, chamber of commerce
- logos of good sized companies you have worked with or places you have been quoted: latimes, any inc5000, hollywood reporter etc.
- stats showing success: client sales increases, new orders, new engagements
- large and clear contact button – can be tastefully animated
- photos – (founder, real staff, highly targeted to your niche)
- short sales video
- phone number/address
For shopping sites that sell products directly, the required elements to gain users trust are more specific. Below are elements that increase online sales in descending order of importance.
- product overview
- merchant guarantee
- image quality
- customer service available
- product specific description
- long description
- size chart
- toll free phone
- ratings & reviews
The above list is from the e-tailing group/ARS ecommerce