The next time you have a to figure out a way to spice up boring statistics report, see what goodmagazine.com did. By writing the numbers on a super attractive woman they have link baited a video with 550 thousand views and counting. By taking 1 day to film this amateur video and getting a female model to donate her time by allowing her to advertise her paysite (this is just speculation), Good has made the viral video of the month. heir paid subscriptions are way up, which is a great thing, because apparently 100% of revenue goes to charitable causes. Who said porn never brought anyone good?
Here are the stats:
- 89% of porn is created in the U.S.
- $2.84 billion in revenue was generated from U.S. adult sites in 2006
- $89/second is spent on porn
- 72% of adult content viewers are men
- 70% of all traffic to porn sites occurs during the 9 to 5 workday
- AdultFriendFinder.com is the most visited adult website with 7.2 million daily visits – almost 2x the NYtimes.com
- 260 new sex sites go online daily
Countries that ban adult content:
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emerites
The video presents this data in a very visual medium:
Unsurprisingly, the adult industry takes in a huge share of online revenue. What might surprise you are the mainstream companies that are behind many of these ventures. AT&T makes millions off of phone sex operations, Time Warner makes millions delivering late night adult programming into your television. Even Google makes a huge percentage of their revenue from serving up ads for sex related searches. None of the public companies will ever tell you how much money they make from porn, but it is substantial.