Here is a recent article from the Los Angeles times discussing title tags and the multi million dollar decisions that come from a properly worded title. The article is about the Hollywood film industry, but it could also be written about websites.
It is not possible to overstate the importance of a good title.
A savvy marketer knows that the title is the most important element to a story. Most writers & advertisers will spend 10% creating the content and 90% of their time rewriting and optimizing their page title.
Helpful Movie Titles
- American Gangster – anything American is cool
- Disturbia – mashup of disturbing and suburbia
- Kramer vs. Kramer – relationship film
- Raiders of the Lost Arc – knockoff of the 30’s 40’s and 50’s adventure films
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby – a long title is a rarity, but this reeked of satire and alluded to a satisfying comedy
Harmful Movie Titles
- Cinderellla Man – historically accurate, but has no relation to boxing
- Gigli – you need to be able to easily pronounce a title
- The Shawshank Redemption – solemn, ponderous title gave no indication of redeeming prison film
- Step Into Liquid – surfing documentary missed its target
- Tears of the Sun – generic name for a Bruce Willis action flick.
Read the story as only the hollywood reporter los angeles times can write it.
Kim Yuna is the 2010 Olympic champion in Ladies’ Singles, the 2009 World champion, the 2009 Four Continents champion she’s such a talented young lady and all you’ll need and want to learn about Kim Yuna is right here !