Google recently rolled out a new algorithm update that has affected 3% (according to Google employee Matt Cutts) of common web keyword searches. The newly released update is called Google Penguin and its aim is to increase search relevancy by penalizing websites that use unethical SEO tactics to increase their site’s Page Rank. The main tactics that affected were automated link building strategies including large automated blog networks, excessive forum/comment/profile links, links from pages that receive no traffic and run of site links.
The aim of this new algorithm is to reward sites that have high quality content, have high engagement, a low bounce rate and use natural link building strategies. This caused severe disruption for many business owners, and has had a negative affect on many high quality businesses.
Google will continue to improve their algorithm and it will concentrate on eliminating spammy websites and many SEO experts believe that the changes that Google is implementing will permanently change how SEO works for website owners. The two recent algorithm that was implemented by Google in determining a site’s positioning in Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs), the Panda and Penguin updates, aims to fight black-hat SEO and automated link building techniques.
To avoid being affected by current and any other future updates of Google, website owners must redefine their SEO tactics and use only white-hat link building techniques to improve their positioning in SERPs.
Linkbuilding is still a foundation of having a high traffic website, but the allowance of the backlink location has shrunk like an ice cube sitting in the sun.
White-hat SEO means that the link building strategies that will be adopted to rank higher in SERPs adhere to the rules and guidelines set by search engines. It is a website-friendly SEO tactics that will not put your website at risk of being banned and penalized and it also aims in building a website with good metrics that other websites would want to naturally link back to the site.
Here are some white-hat techniques that any website owner can use to attain high positioning in SERPs:
- Guest Blogging. This is a method of finding an authority blog in your niche where you can submit an article as guest post. In exchange for providing good quality content, a link back to your own website will be allowed by owner of the blog.
- Press Release. You can get a professional writer to come up with an interesting press release about your website and distribute it to the many PR online sites. When writing a press release, make sure that it includes relevant keywords to your website and add a link back to your website.
- Article Marketing. Website owners can write quality articles about their website or their niche and submit it to popular article directories with links to their website added either in the body of the article or in the author’s byline. These article directories have good page ranks and are considered by search engines as an authority site. These directories then have a lot of visitors which is a good way to drive traffic to you site for better SEO.
- Social media. Website owners should not dismiss the importance of social media in their SEO campaign. Social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and more have millions of members making it a good source for audience. Website owners can create pages or accounts in these sites and they can setup their website to auto feed posts to these social media sites. Each link shared by the members of these social networking sites automatically creates a valid backlink that is being counted by the search engines.
- Video marketing. Videos never fail to attract attention of viewers and can be a very effective tool for SEO campaign. Links to your website can be added in the about page and description of the video and keywords can also be use in the title. Interesting videos can easily go viral and can attract a lot of viewers which can also help drive traffic to your site.
Improving a site’s ranking can’t be done overnight as claimed by some overly enthusiastic SEO’s. Take the long term path in obtaining good ranking for your site by using any of the white-hat content development techniques listed above. Not only are they effective, but they are also safe and will not put your website at risk of being penalized by an over optimization filter from search engines.
Author’s Bio: Abie is a freelance technology blogger and content writer. Her current work is for the site http://www.pak30.fr.
Just want to share with you another great link building service to try it out. Your services work for me.
I had to spend a lot of time to seek out new link partners, and it appeared to be the only one of which worked well to increase our google rankings over the past 2 months.