While browsing the web we have all seen our share of good and bad site designs. This post lists 10 web design unspoken rules that will help you maintain a usable website and happy customers.
Choosing to ignore any of these rules could result in a complete loss of site visitors and receive flames from CSS gurus and web design forums
The Web Design Manifesto
- No gratuitous use of animated gifs
- Do not use blinking text.
- Do not use Thou shalt not use marquee or rapidly moving text.
- Do not label links ‘Click Here’
- Do not use graphical flash intros with a ‘click here to skip intro’ button
- Do not use background music that starts automatically
- Do not use images in place of text
- Do not use multiple font variations
- Do not require Internet Explorer
- Do not have animations or moving backgrounds behind text
Inspired by Dwight’s deadly sins of web design.
It’s about time we had a better community organization than the HTML writers guild.
Make it easier for visitors to reach your home page easily and from any where in your site. Have clear headings for each paragraph ….. 🙂
santrex is the worst hosting company ive ever used. santrex should be avoided at all costs!