While browsing the web we have all seen our share of good and bad site designs. This post lists 10 web design unspoken rules that will help you maintain a usable website and happy customers.
Choosing to ignore any of these rules could result in a complete loss of site visitors and receive flames from CSS gurus and web design forums
The Web Design Manifesto
- No gratuitous use of animated gifs
- Do not use blinking text.
- Do not use Thou shalt not use marquee or rapidly moving text.
- Do not label links ‘Click Here’
- Do not use graphical flash intros with a ‘click here to skip intro’ button
- Do not use background music that starts automatically
- Do not use images in place of text
- Do not use multiple font variations
- Do not require Internet Explorer
- Do not have animations or moving backgrounds behind text
Inspired by Dwight’s deadly sins of web design.