Excellent managers have 12 things in common. When you manage a web based business, it is easy to overlook the people aspect and only focus on online demanda.
These 12 items can help predict employee and workgroup performance and should be used as a starting point for quality leaders. Managers need to be trusted leaders that foster teams that work well together and care about other people in their workgroups.
- I know what is expected of me at work.
- I have the materials and equipment I need to do my work right.
- At work, I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day.
- In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work.
- My supervisor, or someone at work, seems to care about me as a person.
- There is someone at work who encourages my development.
- At work, my opinions seem to count.
- The mission or purpose of my company makes me feel my job is important.
- My associates or fellow employees are committed to doing quality work.
- I have a best friend at work.
- In the last six months, someone at work has talked to me about my progress.
- This last year, I have had opportunities at work to learn and grow.
A company is only as good as its employees.