Building backlinks is not fun, but good link building tools change that. I have scoured the web, searched the dark corners of hidden sites, talked with SEO experts and run hundreds of tests.
The result is the list of link building tools you see below:
- OpenSiteExplorer from SEOmoz – SEOmoz ofers a fantastic backlink checking tool that scrapes the web to find links. Currently they have billions of links in their indes
- Uber Suggest – This is a surprisingly helpful tool that spiders google to find your top 10 competitors and who their main links are from. It also allows you to print out a user friendly report to send to clients.
- www.webuildpages.com/seo-tools/ – Analyzes the deep link ratio for the top 10 search engine results for a search phrase. DLR is the proportion of inbound links into all pages of your site, not only inbound links pointed at your homepage.
- Ahrefs.com – Performs deep crawl analysis of links for any site by crawling all linking sites and providing analysis of links by domain and gains/losses over time as well as PageRank. Also, fully manages extensive reciprocal linking through one tool.
- Elixir – Link Popularity Checker and Link quality assessment tool provides a basic overview of backlinks and major directory inclusion for a domain.
Note to site owners who wish to be listed above: Creating a free tool, writing a blog with lots of useful real world tips, creating a funny or informative image or SEO cartoon will help to get you noticed and linked.