I create, design & implement websites, more importantly get good search engine placement and resuscitate dying websites. Lots of people can make a website, few can make a website pay dividends.
~10,000 new websites every day. How in the heck can you beat everyone.
A top 10 placement in google can turn a business around.
Google drives 75% of all website searches, but seems like more – more purchasers and serious searchers use google, so Google has a higher percentage of valuable purchase ready users compared to MSN, Yahoo & Ask.
Additional resources: social news sites. We are in web 2.5 which is full interaction. Internet users want to vote on news and have influence in articles others see.
Awesome Traffic Drivers
- Digg.com – social news voting site, users vote on individual stories homepage placement can bring ~60k visitors in 12 hours, traffic quickly dies. Traffic is less sophisticated less affluent. Stories are generally technology related.
- Reddit.com – similar to digg, more politically active and socially aware. More educated user, homepage placement brings ~10k visitors
- buzz.yahoo.com – same as above focus is pop culture, sports, general news
- Stumbleupon.com – toolbar install provides custom browsing and voting on websites. Wisdom of the crowd filters out bad sites. Remarkably effective. popular bookmarked sites can bring 400 visitors/day sustained
- Delicious.com – social bookmarking, public favorites. Brings increased search engine placement and dozens of direct daily visits
How to get your site on a social media property
Create unique, interesting, valuable content. Anything can be interesting.
Example – dog washing business. Write an article describing the 10 favorite hunting dogs of the kings of france. Show the top 10 breeds favored by royalty for stately leisure.
If someone sees the title of this article, they will be enticed to click through to your site. You created a need they didn’t realize they had. Once on your site it is an easy sell.
Great post! i especially found it useful where you started. Most people that use search engines use only the ten top search results in the first page. Making it to the first page, more so to the top three is a barometer of a sites success in search engine optimization. You will get a higher ratio of probability in being clicked on when you rank high. The more traffic for your site, the more business you rake in.
But, it is essential to grab a hold of that spot or make your ranking even better. As I aforementioned, each day is a new day for all e-commerce sites to make them selves rank higher using search engine optimization. It is imperative to make your site better and better everyday.
So just what is search engine optimization and do you have to use it? The answer to why you have to use it is an easy one. You need search engine optimization to be number one, or maybe at least make your site income generating.
thanks for the tips!
SEO and Traffic Guides last blog pos
Are you saying that, having written something to make Earnest Hemingway blush, I should SELF post it to Stumble / Digg / Etc or that I should let it be picked up “organically”?
Bill Canadays last blog post..Make a continuous watering system