Videos are and up and coming component to a good search engine optimization campaign. Online video optimization can help drastically increase product sales and increase site exposure. Website traffic does not come directly from videos or clicks, but from extraneous links, references and typed in domains from references in the video clips.
The goal of any SEO is to get videos to spread by word of mouth, or virally. This is much cheaper than paying per click to have videos viewed. This list is in a slightly different order than the one compiled by goviral.com
Top 10 viral advertising videos of the year:
- Smirnoff -Green Tea Partay; 3.4 million views views on YouTube
- Ray-ban – catch sunglasses; 3.2 million views
- Blendtec – will it blend iPod; 4.7 million views
- Lynx/axe – boom chicka wah wah; 2.3 million views
- Wilkinson – fight for kisses; 2.4 million views
- Cadbury – Gorilla; 1.7 million
- Carlsberg – Mentos experiment; 1 million views
- Dove – campaign for real beauty; 1 million views
- Snickers – get some nuts; 700 thousand views
- Quicksilver – dynamite surfing; 600 thousand views
Top 10 viral videos of the year:
- Evolution of Dance – evolution, dance, danse Dailymotion 77,446,266 views
- Avril Lavigne – Girlfriend MySpace 67,204,021 views
- OK GO – treadmills (music clip video) Dailymotion 35,604,505 views
- Nessun Dorma YouTube 34,756,252 views
- Linkin Park – What I’ve Done YouTube 30,853,515 views
- Miss Teen USA 2007 – South Carolina answers a question YouTube 30,706,705 views
- SNL Dick in a box Justin Timberlake Dailymotion 30,658,954 views
- Trailer “300” Dailymotion 24,575,620 views
- Inspiring Story! Free Hugs Campaign (music by Sick Puppies Google Video 25,469,525 views
- Battle at Kruger YouTube 22,751,690 views
Videos are truly international, with all of the global videos receiving over 20 million views each. For the 2008 year I predict the top video will have 150+ million views. Better make sure you have a good deal on bandwidth, online video is going to be the next wave for the new year of 2008.
See more viral videos here.
My husband and i felt so fulfilled that Peter managed to finish up the video studies through the entire precious recommendations he was given out of the SEO world and it has helped us tremendously.
One of many challenges when starting a new on-line company is that of obtaining visitors to their web site, video sharing has worked wonders for us, thanks for this extended list.
Appreciate it I’m entirely novel to viral videos and we have had trouble getting our videos indexed and ranked in search engines.
That’s perfect that we can get a list of the top viral videos online. I like the animal ones.
Nice set of videos… for a good laugh google bra company link bait, that was my favorite piece of link bait in 2007